My Photography

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sushi time!

Last Sunday Othman and I finally got out the sushi-rolling mat and dried seaweed we had bought months before and experimented in making sushi! It was an adventure, but we ended up with some pretty tasty food! I got the sushi rice recipe here and continued with that blog here for rolling instructions. It was harder than the blog made it seem, but that didn't make it any less delicious.

The ingredients (minus the rice vinegar which escaped notice behind me):


The construction station:

Counter clockwise from back: a rolling mat covered in plastic wrap, dried
seaweed, sushi rice in the big bowl, cut cucumber, avocado, salmon, tuna
and sesame seeds! (And a dirty cutting board...)

Somehow I forgot our camera existed after the sushi was all rolled. I would say we were just too hungry and ate them up before I could snap a photo, but actually we made them in the afternoon and ate later on. I guess my brain was too focused on salmon avocado rolls to think about taking photographic evidence of them! There is a shot of our first attempt below, and while I like to think that our later rolls were more... roll-y... to be honest I'm not sure how true that is. 



Anyway I'd definitely recommend using the links above and trying out your own sushi-making session. The ingredients weren't hard to find, and although it took a while--and was very messy--it was all sorts of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment