My Photography

Monday, January 20, 2014

Off to the art store...

I guess it's official: I caught the painting bug. Since coming back from France I've been impatient to get another canvas and start a new project. I was really sick last week (thus the lack of posts, but doing much better now!) and had to pass on an invitation to go paint with Ingrid at her house, which really bummed me out. 

This afternoon I'm excited to be finally heading off to the art store, and as I was organizing my painting things to see what I need, I realized I never posted a good picture of the painting I gave Othman's cousin Jessika for Christmas. I did it in the two days between getting done with work and going to France, and I really loved the result. I got the basic pattern from a painting that one of our Mandala Workshop leaders did, number 8 in this gallery, but made it my own, of course. Can't wait for the next one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment