My Photography

Saturday, October 31, 2015

A pretty little puppy puzzle

This summer Othman engaged in two different but very American activities— garage saleing and making puzzles. While I guess Americans don't have the exclusive monopoly on either of those activities, they do both often. He snagged the puzzle below at a garage sale one day in August for free, because it the owners didn't have the accompanying picture, and just wanted to get rid of it. 

We brought it back to Morocco for some puzzle time fun. I knew it was greenery and an animal or two from the start, and at first I thought it might be a horse. Once I got this far I thought kitten.


I periodically Whatsapped my mom photos of the progress, complaining about how crazily difficult it was without the picture. Progress was slow and this went on for many weeks.


One day during my fall break I got down to business and spent about 3 hours on the puzzle while listening to my book on Audible. (I honestly can't remember what book it was perhaps Turgenev's Fathers and Sons? Or maybe it was Awakenings by Oliver Sacks. Not sure.) Halfway through I was thinking the kittens might be guinea pigs after all, but not long after I realized they were...


Puppies! And then I spent another hour or so on it.


Othman, who had been distinctly unhelpful for the month or so I worked on it, did help a lot with the final push, and we finally finished it! One piece flew out the window or otherwise lot itself lost in the process, but I was sure happy to have it done.


Plus now I have a picture for the next time anyone wants to do it! Friends in Morocco any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment