My Photography

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Go-Karting!

A couple days before Christmas a group of us drove for an hour through winding little country roads to end up here: 


After our go-karting adventure in Marrakech last October, racecar-driver-at-heart-Othman has been dying to do it again. Surprisingly enough, I was quite excited too! I did much better in Marrakech than I had expected, and also had much more fun than I thought I would. I wanted to see how my skills matched up to family members, instead of the almost-pros that we raced against in October. We suited up and put away our things. (Seeing the "lockers" pictured on the right below I was happy I hadn't brought my nice camera and only could take phone pictures.)


We headed out to the track, which was bigger, and got into the karts, which were more powerful...


And off we went! I ended up spinning out and landing in gravel while trying to lap Othman's little brother on my second to last lap, so I missed out on my last two laps. However, I was very pleased with my end score!!


The winner is determined by their fastest lap, and everyone had no doubt that Othman would win. I thought my brothers were car fanatics growing up, but they're small fry in comparison to my husbandit seems like all his comments while in France or the US are about cars! He has spent countless hours on racing games and knows exactly how to take turns, and is all about technique. I'm quite the opposite, and yet came in second against mostly a bunch of boys! How did I do it? If you look closely at the timesheet below, by far my fastest laps were the second and third (the first was a warm-up)because that was before Othman lost me, and my times were so good because I just did everything he did! 


I was really annoyed with that spin out though, because had I been able to continue I would have gone for 9 laps too. But it was late in the afternoon and quite cold, so even though the boys all went for a second race, I stayed with O's parents and watched, hot tea in hand. Othman improved his score by almost 3 seconds and left a happy man.


No comments:

Post a Comment