My Photography

Thursday, June 16, 2016

More painting fun

A few months ago I sat down for a Saturday of painting and this came out (but I only decided on the layout and finished it last week). The peacock and flower designs came from an art book Othman gave me a while back, and I had fun playing with acrylic paint, paint markers, permanent markers, and watercolors to make it (as well as extra paper and scissors!). Most of it is metallic and shiny so it doesn't show well in photos, but it's a fun piece! 


This one I painted for the lovely Brooke, and gave it to her as  gift before she left for the US last week. I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to her, and when I asked her to send me one I got this perfect photo. The dark background makes it look really nice!


Then last Friday my friend Ingrid invited me over for a painting afternoon at her photography studio with a couple friends of hers. I had these four little canvases that I didn't know what to do with, and had fun making this simple design on them. The colors don't show very accurately here (again the silver is shiny), but I had fun playing with the colors she had at her placemuch brighter than the ones I own!


Ingrid is in fact the one that started this all, back in December 2013. Thank you dear friend for helping me fall in love with painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment