My Photography

Thursday, May 29, 2014

A second painted gift


You may remember my post about a painting I made for a little boy I tutor. Well his birthday was in April and his sister, who is also my student, had her birthday not long after mine. Seeing as I had painted something for him, it was only fair to make her something as well! She turned 12 this year, so I didn't want to make anything too childish, but it couldn't be too serious either. I think what came out, above, was a good compromise! I added the fabric paint details to make it a bit more fun for her. It's not very precise but that's kind of the whole point. I got the idea from this painting: 



found by Google and saved on my desktop as "painting idea". She really liked it, and it was a fun and quick little project to do... maybe I'll make another one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment