My Photography

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Erik

Some tragic news came from over the ocean to us this past week. My beautiful sister Isabel's boyfriend suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm on their college campus in Minnesota on Monday. Erik's funeral is today in Iowa, where my older brother Patrick has traveled to support our sister. My parents were able to join her late Monday night at her college and be with her during those first difficult hours. They had met Erik the month previously and were all devastated.


Though I hadn't met him, his kindness and positivity really shined through the few pictures and anecdotes I had seen and heard. He and Isabel had been good friends since last year and he was well loved in their community. I desperately wish I could be with my sister during this trying time. Please keep her, Erik, his friends and his family in your thoughts and prayers.


Here is my mother's post about the loss, here is an announcement by their college of funeral services and memorials, and here is his obituary. 

Here is Isabel's memorial to him, a testament of her strength of character and the beauty of both their souls.



Please join with me today in supporting everyone attending the funeral today, wishing them strength, comfort and peace despite this tragic loss.

There is no better way to end this post than with Erik's own voice, lifted up in song.



No comments:

Post a Comment