My Photography

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happenings and gifts

I've been having such a lovely visit home these past two weeks... the four travel days are totally worth the time I'm to spending with my family!

Between stomping in the snow, antiquing and thrifting with my sisters, eating out at restaurants,



taking sister selfies,


doing wintry art projects,


shop shop shopping (which is an activity I'm not particularly fond of, but after many months in Morocco the US stores are such a nice change!), and eating my mom's homemade food, I received a package in the mail enclosing a late wedding gift! Our adorable flower girl's family apparently had never given us one, not that we had noticed, and sent it once they found out I was home for the holidays.

Little Marguerite is the daughter of very good family friends!

These kitchen towels are very high quality and soft and are adorably hand embroidered by said flower girl's mom, and I absolutely love them!! 


They're all wonderful, and I can't wait to use them, but I think this one is my favorite.


They also gifted us this ceramic cicada which is from her dad's region in southern France and which we thought was just too fun.


I also got a late Christmas gift from a sister who was annoyed at my constantly using her waterbottle...


and have continued to add to my turtle collection!!


It's been a good trip so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment