My Photography

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Another birthday!

My dad, as seen below with my mom while they were in Casablanca last August, has the wonderful habit of bringing home fresh flowers on the least of occasions. In my family we all believe that flowers inside the house make a significant difference in morale, and his carefully selected bouquets have lifted up many a mood on harsh winter days in South Dakota.


My father-in-law has a similar tendency, and I'm happy to say that Othman has often taken after both their examples. True to his form, he doesn't just pick out a pre-made bouquet thoughhe goes through and chooses each individual flower to make up a bright and happy (if sometimes adorably incoherent) display. For my birthday I loved the range of colors he chose!


I'm very happy that my husband has followed in my dad's footsteps in this regard. In many other ways as well he is similar to my dad: they're both great lovers of music, they have quiet and scientific minds, they're deeply passionate about what they care about, and they are honest to a fault.

Mom and dad, about 25 years ago.
Today my dad turns 55, and I want to thank him for not only being a wonderful father, but also for giving me a model on which to judge any men I'd meet. He showed me what being a husband and father should look like, and I'm so grateful to have married someone who lives up to the high standard I set as a result. I love you dad, thanks for your example, kindness, and love. Here's to many more years of looking up to you, literally and figuratively!


1 comment:

  1. Loved the post-- and the adorable flowers! And... I must add... many of those random flower-bringing events weren't so random after all... hee hee ... All part of a wonderful, rich and adventurous marriage!

    ReplyDelete