My Photography

Monday, November 30, 2015

Giving thanks

Othman and I were planning on a quiet Thanksgiving dinner for just the two of us, but seeing as I was already cooking and that friends Jess and Ahmed left today on a trip, we decided to invite them over for dinner rather last minute. 


It was a an approximation of a Thanksgiving dinner, but I was quite pleased with our chicken (too few for a turkey!), mashed potatoes, green beans, and cucumber salad. Ahmed had soccer after and didn't want to eat that much, so I packed him a photogenic doggy bag to go.


The food was yummy, but the best part was the conversation of course!


Dessert was a pumpkin pie I made and some goodies Ahmed picked up from a nearby bakery. Delish!


We found out that Noor loves pumpkin pie! A kid after my own heart.
  

We've been meaning to get together for ages now to do another family photoshoot, but it just hasn't happened. So I took the opportunity of them being around to snap a few photos, despite the bad lighting.




He was fascinated by my camera strap and kept trying to grab it!


Feeling thankful on this chilly November evening for good food, a cozy home, wonderful friends, and a loving husband. Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment