My Photography

Saturday, June 20, 2015

1, 2, 3 paintings!

Having been working freelance at five jobs since January, I haven't really started or finished any big painting projects lately. This one from back in the winter looks very different from when I started, but it's not done yet. I want to work on the highlights and possibly change the background a bit, but I just haven't been able to get around to it.


Before, from January...

and after!

However I have done a couple small painting projects recently! This first one I did on whim one day... I started  with the brown color and let it develop from there I didn't have a clear idea of what I was painting at the start. But sometimes that's the best part. Othman really likes it, but I'm ambivalent— it was really just me experimenting with techniques.



The second project I started and completed yesterday. Othman got me four little mini canvases last Christmas, and from the start I knew I wanted to write a word with them. A while back I came up with a background idea and tried it out, but in the end I didn't like it at all. 



So yesterday I got them out again to start over, wanting to make a gift for my friends Jessica and Ahmed and their lovely little Noor. I'm very happy with how it turned out!


These were actually featured in a photoshoot I did of their family today... stay tuned for those photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment